Do you and a group of friends want to sample the famous Swiss hospitality and see some of those iconic peaks and mountains for yourselves? Switzerland actually is a fantastic country to tour and explore as a group. With a transport network second to none and a number of cultural and outdoor sights that will leave you speechless, you can have a fantastic vacation and come home with some memories of a lifetime. And wouldn't it be fun to spend some quality time on the road with people you already know and like?
Switzerland Group Trips and Tours
Switzerland can be an expensive place to visit, but did you know that a group host or organizer can be eligible for discounted or complimentary travel, depending on the size of your group? Airlines and hotels often make such arrangements to encourage groups to visit their destinations.
Even though it is a small country, you'll want to spend some time properly thinking through your travel plans. A "one size fits all" travel itinerary doesn't take into account everyone's own personal wish list. Some may want to go hiking or skiing, while others may prefer just to stay in town and see some of the fancy shops and perhaps a museum or two. With a well designed itinerary that has room for flexibility, everyone can do as they please and still come together for shared experiences and events. It's a vacation, so make the most of it.
Extraordinary Alpine Railways: Conquering Switzerland's Jungfraujoch - 8 Days
The genius of Swiss engineering allowed one of the most dazzling stretches of the Alps to become a natural playground for railway and outdoor enthusiasts alike. On this exciting 8-day itinerary you will explore one of Earth's most beautiful regions by cog rail and zip line, on foot, with gondola lifts, using "trotti bikes" and on a remarkable, 102-year-old mountain railway that will transport your group to Europe's highest railway station on the iconic Jungfraujoch.
While half of this tour will have you breathing in the fresh mountain air in and around the resort town of Interlaken, the rest of the time you will explore several of Switzerland's most beautiful Old Towns on foot; including Zurich, Lucerne and Bern. It's the adventure of a lifetime; in only 7 nights!
- See the Aletsch, the largest glacier in the Alps and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Zoom down the exhilarating First Flyer zip line at 52 mph through the Swiss countryside!
- Enjoy a traditional Swiss raclette dinner
- Guided walking tours of Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken and Bern
- Travel on the historic Jungfrau Railway, a feat of Swiss engineering, to the "Top of Europe"
View the complete day to day Extraordinary Alpine Railways: Conquering Switzerland's Jungfraujoch Itinerary.
Scenic Railways in The Swiss Alps and Italy's Lake District - 8 Days
This 7-night itinerary kicks off with an unforgettable rail journey through the heart of the Swiss Alps on the legendary Bernina Express. After enjoying incredible views of glaciers, dramatic mountain passes, verdant valleys, pristine lakes, and magnificently-constructed bridges, your group will arrive to the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland for a healthy dose of Mediterranean temperatures, interesting sightseeing, and relaxation on Lake Lugano. From there you will continue into Italy and spend three nights on the shores of Lake Como before finishing up in Milan, the fashion capital of Italy.
- Guided tour of Chur, the oldest town in Switzerland
- Discover Alpine landscapes on the Bernina Express, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Free time to explore Lake Lugano and its beautiful environs
- Enjoy winetasting and a cooking class near Lake Como
- Visit Bellagio after an invigorating day of hiking
- Panoramic sightseeing tour and free time in Milan
View the complete day to day Scenic Railways in The Swiss Alps and Italy's Lake District Itinerary.
Alpine Paradise: Austria, Germany and Switzerland - 12 Days
Spend two weeks extensively exploring some of Europe's most beautiful landscapes. This pleasantly-paced yet interesting itinerary will begin in Munich and take you from Bavaria into Austria, a Mecca of classical music, amazing Alpine views and pinot noir wines. You'll then travel into Switzerland, a country whose dramatically-stunning geography has no equal. With lakes, mountains, delicious food, charming villages and expert sightseeing, spend two weeks in a picture-perfect, Alpine paradise.
- Guided tour of Bavaria's Neuschwanstein Castle
- City sightseeing tours in Munich, Innsbruck, Lucerne and Zurich
- Lunch at "Eagles Nest"
- "Sound of Music" Tour in Salzburg
- Special dinner in Salzburg served with Austrian wines
- Overnight stay in the famed resort town St Moritz
- Visit to Vaduz, the capital of the Principality of Lichtenstein
- Swiss Folklore Dinner
- Mount Pilatus by Cog Train, Aerial Gondola and a cruise on Lake Lucerne
View the complete day to day Alpine Paradise: Austria, Germany and Switzerland Itinerary.